-Time To Rethink- -Time To Rethink-

For three hours this is not bad! Big fan.

Do you still use logic? cus you've defo mastered it. I still consider myself a learner.

Mrmilkcarton responds:

Yup still Logic, but I've expanded my plugin choices for mixing.

Where You Are Where You Are

Hey great track. I'm a little unsure about the heavy bass that comes in half way through. But other than that a great use of ducking and a nice chord pattern.

Ikeproductions89 responds:

thanks! i just wanted to add something a little different towards the end. the ducking was automated by hand :)

ZZ - Dimensional Analysis ZZ - Dimensional Analysis

Hey, it's a nice idea. Not sure the chord pattern quite sits with me (seems to change key a lot). If you want some advise i'll do my best:

The kick is perhaps a little overpowering in places, drop it down a bit in between build ups for greater effect. Try out some new snare sounds, fiddle around with the drive and frequency until you find a nice punchy sound that fills in the gaps. If that fails it never hurts to throw on an underlying white noise track, this also helps link sections together (playing around with the resonance). Like I said the chord pattern isn't particularly memorable, because it has no key foundation. So find a key and stick to it. There's no rule to say you can't change key to say a relative minor (or major depending on what your mood is) but if you find a chord pattern within a single key you will find it much easier to write tunes and lead parts over the top, which coincidentally you don't have in this.

Ok sorry if I sound a little up myself, but you asked how to improve, and thats what I would do.

Good luck - Duk

ZedZee responds:

Thank you so much for giving a review. By asking everyone how I can improve, I mean for everyone to be as brutal as possible. I want to achieve a sense of mastery with music production so badly, so even nitpicks are helpful. I've been studying up on how to make music in FL Studio sound better, and I'm beginning to understand terms like resonance and drive. I will certainly mold some of my upcoming tracks around your suggestions.
Again, thank you,
-ZZ

Vyasa's Divination Vyasa's Divination

Not to bad. one thing I would say is it does sound slightly random in terms of the tonality and timing. But in a way I think thats why I like it. Good job!

Omni-Psyence responds:

Thank you for listening! Could you clarify to me in PM in exact terms what you mean by random? I'd appreciate it very much. :)

+- RZ -+ El Electronica +- RZ -+ El Electronica

Nice.

Very sweet tune man. The latin influence really adds something to it

It flows well and I could definitely get down to this! I could try and point out things to improve but tbh I think that should be left to the artist to decide.

Great job